Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's such a hard life for a cat



That would be Pip, nose down on my schedule. Sigh. I put the book there because I was actually trying to keep him off the schedule so I could see what else I needed to get done.

In other news, welcome to Disaster Central. In the last twelve days we've had a car die, the site provider for Forward Motion go out of business without warning, and the furnace die in the house. And neither Russ nor I have been paid. It's getting just a bit tense since the money for the new FM site is going to be due soon. The good news is that if I can pay the $300 and some, I won't have to worry about it for another three years.

Unless, of course, they go out of business as well.

Having just barely gotten the money together to pay Jatol the month before, this is kind of going to be a neat trick.

The furnace is another matter. We'll see. As long as it doesn't drop below freezing, we're okay -- more or less. And it might just be something simple. The problem, of course, is that until someone pays us we can't afford to have it looked at. Russ has to go to Omaha on Friday so he is determined to get a check then. That will help!

Now here's the odd thing. I got tired of falling farther and farther behind in my writing goals, so I've been writing 4,000 words a day for the last five days. It's one of those things where I just decided I was going to do it, and that was that. Yes, prior to having FM settled into it's new place it would have been a lot harder to do, but I still find it kind of funny that I made the decision to stop complaining about the lack of writing and do something about it. A Plague of Rats is going pretty well, though I think it's meandering a bit too much. I do that sometimes. I'll clean it up in the rewrite. I'm also working on notes for Draw the Line which looks increasingly like it will be my NaNo novel for the year.

Tonight I'm lagging a little, though. I'm not sure why, but I seem to have a bad case of restlessness. Still, I'm generally in a much better moood now that I'm writing again. Amazing how that works for me.

I just need to slide Pip back off my schedule to see what else I need to do tonight. . . .
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

SO CUTE!! Congrats on the 4000 word days too. That's great!

Anonymous said...

pip is adorable! My cat growing up, Nugget, used to help me with my math homework.

I understand the restlessness - I've been using Justin's exercises to jumpstart something with one of my stalled wip's. (great challenge, btw)

Good luck with the furnace, car and everything.

Suelder

Pandababy said...

zette, this picture is a real winner. If you put this on a mug, a mouse pad, etc. in your shop, I would buy it -- and I think it would become a best seller.

I laughed out loud when I saw it.