Thursday, May 19, 2005

Things and things



That picture was taken almost a year a go in the Rocky Mountains. I always get the urge to see them around this time of year. For many years it's was our anniversary trip. I can't see how we can do it this year because things are changing around here.

It's a good change, but I'm not going to talk about that.... yet. I do have some other fun stuff to discuss, though.

Yesterday I had two nice things in my email. One was a note from the Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine (ASIM) saying it was time to prepare Between a Rock and a God's Place for publication. It will be out in October. Yay!

The second was the contract for my chapter in the Fantasy Writing: the Business Side of Things, also a nice 'yay' feeling.

This morning I had a note from someone asking to reprint an article of mine. Also a nice feeling.

Oh, and I'm on a couple pannels at ConQuesT next week. Yay!

And I am on my fourth Story a Day for the challenge, which is really good since I got a very late start. My plan is to leap into this one as soon as I'm done with emails and a few non-writing things that I'm still working through.

I am having some on-going problems with Ada Nish Pura, but I think that I identified the trouble. I'm waiting for a note from the publisher (she says tomorrow), and we'll see how things go from there. At the moment, though, I'm taking the time to work on some short stories, flyers, and all the rest of it for the convention.

So, things and things and things.

All in all, it's not too bad!

No comments: