Sunday, October 20, 2002

Yes, feeling better. I even got a little fun out of writing. Here's a little snippet between Don Elihu De Sarenta, the King's Messenger and his friend, King Ivian. They've met up on the trail, both of them pursued by the enemy, and are about to make a stand, along with a few companions, in the only shelter they can find:

"I'm much better," Eli tried to assure him. "Though I do look forward to at least a few minutes rest in an actual bed at Rosewood. And a bath, though I've have gotten used to dips in streams and ponds lately. You've no idea what sort of trial you put your poor, underrated messengers through."

"Next he'll tell me I don't pay him enough," Ivy said with an exaggerated sigh.

"Pay?" Eli asked, looking shocked. "You mean you pay some people to do this?"

No comments: