Wednesday, April 24, 2002

Hello....

I'm having one of those days where I just can't seem to sit down and concentrate on anything. I think it must be the wind, scattering all my thoughts. I would like to just sit down and write, maybe even finish Mars Run today and keep it from inching up from a novelette to a novella. I need (of course) to do work on Vision, but most of the material is finally falling into place for it, at least.

I need to get back to the novels. I've barely started book 3...

But instead of any of this, I've walked around the house, bothered Russ, ate lunch, bothered the cats, and walked around the house some more. I should at least have picked up the house while I was walking around, but that would have been too much to ask for. No. I'll just wander around and do nothing.

Okay, enough of that. Time to work on MR for a little while. I'm setting at 10,000 words even. Let's see how much I can get done. My crew is about to abandon their ship for a very untrustworthy smaller craft in hopes of reaching help. They're lost. They know they have enemies.

This is the 7th story with this crew. They range from short stories to novellas. I don't think one of them quite reaches novel length, but together they turn into a hefty bit of work. And they're fun. I need fun right now.

Okay. On to work. Stop wandering around!

No comments: